Who are we?
The DECHEMA Ausstellungs-GmbH organizes trade shows for the process industries.
a) Responsible controller as defined by EU-GDPR
Theodor-Heuss-Allee 25, D-60486 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 7564-100
HR-Nr.: HRB 93099 (Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main)
Executive director: Dr. Thomas Scheuring
b) Data protection officer
Dr. Ulrich Westhaus, DECHEMA e.V.
Theodor-Heuss-Allee 25, D-60486 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 7564-229
a) What kind of personal data are processed?
- Name, E-Mail address
- Billing address (if applicable, when purchasing a ticket or redeeming a ticket voucher)
- Telephone number and fax number (if applicable)
- Usage data
b) Where does this data come from?
- You yourself inform us about these data, when you register to use our services (MyACHEMA Portal, ACHEMA Study Cycle, ACHEMA Visa-Invitation)
- When you are using our services, pseudonymised usage data associated with IP addresses are generated
c) What do we use this data for?
- To carry out the services we offer and to bill you for the events you have attended or booked.
- To ensure orderly operation and to optimize our services: We monitor the use of our services to ensure capacity utilization and IT security. This is done on the basis of IP addresses. We do not match IP addresses to your user account.
d) What is the legal basis of the data processing?
By registering on our online portal and purchasing a ticket or redeeming a voucher code for a ticket, you establish a business relationship with us. We process your data therefore based on article 6.1 a-c of the EU-GDPR:
- Informed consent and performance of a contract (when redeeming a voucher, registering for the ACHEMA Study Cycle or requesting a Visa Invitation)
- Performance of a contract (when buying a ticket or generally when using our services)
- Fulfillment of legal obligations
Furthermore we process your data based on article 6.1f of the EU-GDPR:
- Legitimate interest to inform you about future events or publications of the DECHEMA Group which are thematically relevant to the services offered
e) How long do we store your data?
For the storage duration of your data different time limits apply:
- Data having fiscal relevance are usually stored for 10 years
- Data with commercial law relevance are usually stored for 6 years
- Usage data such as connection history (pseudonymized over IP address): 1 year
A user account created by you will be deleted by us only at your express request: Use the option "Edit account".
If you have registered to participate in the ACHEMA Study Cycle, we will delete your data completely after the event.
Do we carry out profiling?
No, we do not perform any kind of profiling with your data.
Do we pass your data to third parties?
Within the DECHEMA Group (DECHEMA e.V., DECHEMA Research Institute, DECHEMA Ausstellungs-GmbH) we use your data to inform you about services and products that fit your needs. We guarantee that we will always process your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection laws. You should be aware of the fact that you can object to the analysis or use of your personal data for these purposes at any time.
We are using a number of external service providers and also cloud service providers to help us to deliver our event and IT services. These are the company re-lounge GmbH with its tool inxmail for sending and administering our newsletters. For accounting and printing of tickets as well as for the service “personalized ticket” we work together with the Messe Frankfurt Venue GmbH. For analysis and optimization of our web services we are using Google Analytics. All of these service providers have been carefully selected by us and contractually committed to the careful observance of all relevant data protection regulations. At the same time, of course, we only pass on the minimum amount of data required to use these services.
If you redeem a voucher in order to receive a free ticket, we will pass on your contact details (name, address and e-mail) to the voucher issuer (usually an exhibitor). By redeeming the voucher, you automatically declare your consent to the transfer and use of your data by the exhibitor. We have no further influence on the use of your data by the voucher issuer. If you do not wish this data transfer, you must purchase a ticket for a fee without using a voucher code.
What data does my personalized ticket contain?
An essential guiding principle of the trade fairs we organize is to promote the exchange of information at all levels. In order to make it as easy as possible for you as a visitor to get in touch with the exhibitors you are interested in, we will provide you with a personalized admission ticket. This contains a machine-readable barcode that can be used to uniquely identify you and serves as an electronic business card during your visit to the trade fair.
Exhibitors can "scan" the barcode on your admission ticket to access your contact details and use them to deepen the initial contact. By handing over your personalized admission ticket to the exhibitor for "scanning", you agree to the transfer of your data to the exhibitor. The process is comparable to the handing over of a printed business card and is therefore a deliberate decision on your part. We only provide you with the technical service. We have no influence on the further use of your data by the receiving exhibitor.
What other rights do I have?
a) Rights of access, rectification, deletion and objection
As provided in Article 14-17 of the EU-GDPR we inform you about your rights of access, rectification, deletion and limitation of your processing data. You have the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
b) Right of withdrawal
Your right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal.
c) Right of appeal
Lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority is always possible.
Version: 06 March 2018