Eight finalists can still hope to claim one of the three podium places: On 11 June 2018, the winners of the ACHEMA-Gründerpreis (ACHEMA Start-up Award) will be announced in the opening session of ACHEMA. The prize is endowed with 10,000 Euro for each winning team.
Finalists come from very diverse fields such as peptide synthesis, heating systems or nano volume dosage:
- Belyntic provides a novel, patent-pending technology for the purification of chemically synthesized peptides that enables parallel, efficient and highly selective peptide purification.
- The new real-time mass spectrometer by foxySPEC is able to detect up to 30 components simultaneously from gases and liquids – directly during the production process and with a sensitivity in the lower ppm range.
- Heidelberg Delivery Technologies GmbH “HeiDelTec” was established in 2017. The company’s core aim is to develop a drug delivery technology that allows the oral administration of peptides and proteins.
- mk2 Biotechnologies develops, produces and investigates complex peptides with arbitrary physical and chemical properties at highest purity standards using a disruptive scalable synthesis technology.
- Plasmion manufactures „electronic nose“-technology-based add-on products which upgrade benchtop mass spectrometers to high-sensitive online-sensors enabling new analytical workflows.
- watttron has developed a modular heating system for defined zonal heating. As with a TFT display, individual small heating circuits can be individually controlled with regard to temperature.
- I-DOT ("Immediate Drop on Demand Technology") by Dispendix enables highly accurate, nearly dead volume free fluid transfer from nano- to microliters, while significantly reducing capital investment and running costs.
- Sulfotools offers a sustainable alternative for the manufacturing of peptides that allows for the replacement of hazardous organic solvents with water and cost optimizations of up to 50%.
These eight finalists will be present during the whole week from 11-15 June 2018 at the ACHEMA-Gründerpreisstand in Hall 9.2, C84. At the ACHEMA Start-up Forum on Tuesday, 12 June 2018, potential customers, cooperation partners and investors can gain more insights in the companies and their technologies and learn from presentations by Accenture, Evonik, Merck and Hogan Lovells which parameters and conditions are key to successful innovation.
Entrepreneurial scientists, future founders and owners of start-ups were invited to apply for the ACHEMA-Gründerpreis. 21 candidates submitted to the scrutiny of the experts, ten were invited to for a presentation to a highranking expert jury. Eight finalists have the opportunity to present their innovation to the global expert community, three winners will receive 10,000 Euro in addition.
The ACHEMA-Gründerpreis is awarded for the second time in 2018. It is organized by DECHEMA Gesellschaft für Chemische Technik und Biotechnologie e.V., DECHEMA Ausstellungs-GmbH, Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain and High-Tech Gründerfonds. The premium partners Accenture, Merck and Evonik are involved in the ACHEMA-Gründerpreis. Clariant and HoganLovell’s support the award as partners. The ACHEMA-Gründerpreis is also supported by Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh), Verein Deutscher Ingenieure (VDI), Verband der Chemischen Industrie (VCI) and Arbeitsgemeinschaft industrieller Forschungsvereinigungen (AiF) as well as Business Angels Netzwerk Deutschland, eXist and the GO-Bio competition.
Additional information at www.achema.de/gruenderpreis.
DECHEMA Gesellschaft für Chemische Technik und Biotechnologie e.V. (Society for Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology) brings together experts from a wide range of disciplines, institutions and generations with the aim of encouraging scientific exchange in chemical engineering, process engineering and biotechnology. DECHEMA identifies and evaluates emerging technological trends and facilitates the transfer of research results into industrial applications. This not-for-profit society has more than 5,800 members - engineers, scientists, students, companies and institutions. Together with DECHEMA Ausstellungs-GmbH it is the organizer of ACHEMA.
60486 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49 (69) 7564-277
About Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain
Founded in 2000, Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain e.V. has over 100 members, making it the largest Business Angels network in Germany. Around ten times a year it holds a matching event which provides a forum for innovative start-ups and Business Angel companies to meet. Business Angels make available their own venture capital, entrepreneurial know-how and valuable contacts to accelerate the seed- and early-growth phases of start-ups in return for a stake in their success.
Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain e.V.
60313 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49 (69) 2197-1591
About the High-Tech Gründerfonds
The High-Tech Gründerfonds (start-up fund) invests venture capital in young, high-potential technology companies that implement promising research results with entrepreneurial flair. The rationale behind seed financing is to enable start-ups to round off their R&D projects with the production of a prototype or a proof of concept or a market launch. The Fund initially places 500,000 euros, with up to two million euros available per company. The investors of the public-private partnership include the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, the KfW banking group together with the 18 business enterprises ALTANA, BASF, Bayer, B. Braun, Robert Bosch, CEWE, Daimler, Deutsche Post DHL, Deutsche Telekom, Evonik, Lanxess, media + more venture Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG, METRO, Qiagen, RWE Innogy, SAP, Tengelmann and Carl Zeiss. The High-Tech Gründerfonds has a total fund volume of some 576 million euros (272 million euros Fund I and 304 million euros Fund II).
High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH
Tel.: +49 (228) 823 001-00
Fax: +49 (228) 823 000-50